2nd Gear

My MINI
    Year
    Model
    Mini S hardtop
    Color
    Dark Gray Black Top

Red face Low Oil Pressure Light

Ok... so the "Low Oil Pressure" light came on this morning when i pulled into work, so I called the MINI dealer and she said to just top it off with some more oil. Easy fix, I can do that. But my car has been making this noise when it's getting warmed up (like it does in the winter when that oil is cold)... so my question is:

1. Can I drive to the store to get oil? or should I get someone to bring it to me? I don't want to strain my car and risk doing more harm.

2. Should I be worried that it's the oil pump? I'm just scared to drive my car and do more damage. I can not afford to fix something major ya know.

And I'm in Georgetown, so no where near a MINI service place.

Basically I'm scared to do more damage by not knowing what's wrong with it 100%

sooooo... WWPD? (What Would Professor Do?)

Thanks so much!!

2nd Gear

My MINI
    Year
    Model
    Mini S hardtop
    Color
    Dark Gray Black Top

ok... so I checked my oil, and it's full...
    And I called the MINI dealer again and I can't get anyone to talk to me, everyone is to busy for me and my MINI Sad Tuesday... lol.

One website said it was wiring, and a sensor, others have said a "oil pump switch"? I just want some one to tell me if it's ok to drive it home, or should I get her towed to a shop.
    Thanks

My MINI
    Year
    Model
    Clubman
    Color
    Horizon Blue

Don't know but you might post the question on the thread called Ask the Professor. Aaron was a Mini tech and hopefully he could respond quickly. Good luck.

My MINI
    Year
    Model
    Clubman S
    Color
    BRG/Black

Quote Originally Posted by Karen McP View Post
    Don't know but you might post the question on the thread called Ask the Professor. Aaron was a Mini tech and hopefully he could respond quickly. Good luck.
    Karen McP ... this IS posted under "Ask the Professor". He's probably at work now, without easy access to the website.

Kelsey626 ... I wish I could answer your question, but I can't. If it's a sensor, then it's safe to drive it home. If it's the oil pump, definitely not. I don't know how probable the two scenarios are, nor do I know if there's an alternative way to check for oil pressure. Hopefully, Aaron will get a chance to logon and lend a voice.
    2010 Clubman S, JCW Tuning, JCW Aero Kit, Winter Pkg, TSW Springs, H-Sport 22.5 Sway Bar
    1972 Classic Mini BRG/Black

2nd Gear

My MINI
    Year
    Model
    Mini S hardtop
    Color
    Dark Gray Black Top

SOOOOO... I FINALLY got to talk to my MINI man in Cinn and turns out I'm still under warranty by 200 miles!!! so I get a free tow, rental, and repair. I LOVE MINI!!! And I've been thanking Jesus Christ all afternoon, I could not afford a repair bill... I do good to give her premium fuel.

My MINI
    Year
    Model
    R53 S JCW
    Color
    Space Blue

Sad to say. Mini of Cinn has there act togetter, Mini of Lou, not so much.
    06 Mini Cooper S JCW, DOZER Space Blue

2nd Gear

My MINI
    Year
    Model
    Mini S hardtop
    Color
    Dark Gray Black Top

They sure do... TODD and NICK are my two favorite people right now.
    and I'm so glad my car is getting worked on at the dealership... most people around here don't know what they are doing when it comes to MINIs.

When the guy came to tow it I had to help him push it up hill... the way I was parked he couldn't get to me... that was fun. I'm pretty sure I pulled something
    I'll keep you guys posted on the diagnosis.

My MINI

I bought mine from Cincy in 2002 and I can honestly say they had their act together at day 1.
    "Life's too short to drive boring cars"

2nd Gear

My MINI
    Year
    Model
    Mini S hardtop
    Color
    Dark Gray Black Top

UPDATE | Okay. So Nick (my mini guy) calls to tell me that my car arrived safely and they have been trying to figure out the problem. But they haven't been able to get her to start. This is not sounding any better.
    Thank the Lord it still under warranty.
    That light blinked once! And I drove another 100 feet to my parking space after it blinked. Then I didn't start it or anything. I didn't even start it for the tow guy. I don't know what would make it not start all of a sudden.

The 4 door jeep wrangler I'm driving is cool and all but its drinking my paycheck.
    I miss my car.
    Hopefully my next post will have better news.

2nd Gear

My MINI
    Year
    Model
    Mini S hardtop
    Color
    Dark Gray Black Top

Ok, they called this morning with good and bad news...

Bad News: My mini has no compression... I don't know what that means, but it doesn't sound good. Any they will have my car for about 2 weeks he said. boo.
    Good News: They are bringing me a MINI loaner car so I can take the Jeep back and not use a quarter of a tank of fuel a day... so at least I'll have a mini... just not mine.